NDCN AccessNI Service
AccessNI applications can now ONLY be made online. Please see below for the new procedure:
- Go to – http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/apply-for-an-enhanced-check-through-a-registered-body
- Select the green button to apply for an enhanced check through a registered body
- Register your account by creating a User ID and Password (please keep these details safe as you will need them to track the progress of your check)
- Once you have successfully logged in, you will be taken to the online application. Before you start, please make sure you have the following details:
- your address(es) for the last five years;
- your National Insurance number; and
- your driving licence and passport numbers (if you have these documents).
- Enter the PIN number – 117487 at step 1 of the form completion
- Complete the remainder of the form and click on confirm and proceed to finish the online process
- Please take a note of your 10 digit Access NI reference number
- Finally, please call NDCN on 02891 461386 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a suitable date to come in and present your valid ID, so we can complete and confirm the final stages of the Access NI check for you.
There is a range of ID that you can bring in and we can discuss these options with you when you call to make an appointment, or we can email you the list so you can choose. Please see link on appropriate forms of ID that are suitable to bring with you – https://ndcn.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Forms-of-ID.docx
Who can use the NDCN service?
The service is available primarily to NDCN Members/not-for-profit organisations. However, any organisation (for profit or not) and individual working with children/vulnerable adults will be considered.
How NDCN can help
North Down Community Network (NDCN) has been registered as an Umbrella Body with AccessNI since 21st June 2008 and is able to process ‘AccessNI Enhanced Disclosure Applications’ for criminal history checks. These checks will let employers know if an applicant has been convicted of a criminal offence or are barred from working with children or other vulnerable groups, primarily to help them make safer recruitment decisions.
On 24th September 2013, NDCN was awarded a ‘Certificate of Compliance’ by AccessNI. NDCN is registered with the Information Commissioners Office.
NDCN will provide the expertise to support employers and their applicants through the whole AccessNI Enhanced Disclosure Application process. This support will start from your initial registration and continue through the entire process, ensuring that, at all stages, the AccessNI Policy and Codes of Practice are strictly adhered to.
Regulated Activity for Children & Adults
Please see attached link for Regulated activity checks for both Children and Adults and whether you require an AccessNI check to be done – https://ndcn.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Regulated-Activity.docx
Access NI Fees (Inclusive of VAT)
- Volunteers – Admin fee is £9 per applicant
- Paid Workers – Charitable/Non-Profit – Admin fee is £15 per applicant and there is an additional Access NI fee of £33
- Paid Workers – Private Business – Admin fee is £25 per applicant and there is an additional Access NI fee of £33
- ***Please note that if we advise that an AccessNI check is not required based on the reason why you are applying for one, and you want to pursue with the check anyway, if the check gets returned to us, no refund will be given***