AccessNI applications can now ONLY be made online. Please see below for the new procedure:
Go to https://accessni.nidirect.gov.uk/Account/LogIn and create a new account.
- An email will be sent to your email address containing a link to activate your account.
- Access your email and activate your account.
- Click on the “AccessNI Applications” box.
- Log in with the PIN No for NDCN – 596632.
- Before beginning you must have with you:
- your address(es) for the last five years;
- your National Insurance number; and
- your driving licence and passport numbers (if you have these documents).
- Make an appointment with NDCN – by phone on 9146 1386 or email firstname.lastname@example.org – for the applicant to bring in the necessary ID, as per page 2 of the attached PIN Notification and ID Validation Form (March 2015). Complete ONLY the Application Reference number on the form – please do NOT fill in any other details. OR, make a note of the Application Reference, bring it to the appointment, and we can print off the form here.
NDCN AccessNI Service
North Down Community Network (NDCN) has been registered as an Umbrella Body with AccessNI since 21st June 2008 and is able to process ‘AccessNI Enhanced Disclosure Applications’ for criminal history checks. These checks will let employers know if an applicant has been convicted of a criminal offence or are barred from working with children or other vulnerable groups, primarily to help them make safer recruitment decisions.
On 24th September 2013, NDCN was awarded a ‘Certificate of Compliance’ by AccessNI. NDCN is registered with the Information Commissioners Office.
Who can use the NDCN service?
The service is available primarily to NDCN Members/not-for-profit organisations. However, any organisation (for profit or not) and individual working with children/vulnerable adults will be considered.
How NDCN can help:
NDCN will provide the expertise to support employers and their applicants through the whole AccessNI Enhanced Disclosure Application process. This support will start from your initial registration and continue through the entire process, ensuring that, at all stages, the AccessNI Policy and Codes of Practice are strictly adhered to.
This flowchart provides basic guidelines for applicants – please note these are NOT legally binding. For additional info, go to http://www.volunteernow.co.uk/fs/doc/publications/regulated-activity-questions-children.pdf.
How to contact NDCN:
Organisations should contact NDCN on 9146 1386 or email@example.com to register for the service and we’ll send you out the necessary application forms, policies and information. Thereafter, each applicant should contact NDCN directly to arrange an appointment.
The Administration Fee for community and voluntary groups is £7 which is inclusive of VAT. For profit groups will be charged a £30 admin fee.